Who We Are
Meet Dr. Levy
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE IN ACID REFLUX, COLONOSCOPY & DIGESTIVE DISEASES
Adam Levy, M.D., F.A.C.G. is a board-certified specialist in Gastroenterology and a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology (F.A.C.G.). He has been a practicing physician since 2003 and moved to Macon in 2010. In 2019, Dr. Levy relocated to North Georgia and proudly joined Digestive Healthcare of Georgia, P.C.
Dr. Levy truly cares and wholeheartedly strives to provide excellent care. He believes in patient-centered care — working together with patients and their families to provide comprehensive and compassionate care that they desire and deserve. Dr. Levy’s patients appreciate the great deal of time face-to-face that he spends answering questions to ensure that you fully understand your symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options.
Dr. Levy provides expert care in gastroenterology, endoscopy, hepatology, and nutrition. His clinical interests include acid reflux and heartburn, high-quality colon cancer screening (colonoscopies), Barrett’s Esophagus, esophageal cancer prevention, swallowing disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), hemorrhoid treatment, nutrition, and microbiome manipulation. Dr. Levy has privileges at Piedmont Mountainside Hospital.
Dr. Levy was one of just 20 students accepted into the prestigious Honors Program in Medicine at the University of Miami. Upon graduation from this joint college and medical school program, he completed three years of Internal Medicine residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. Following his residency, Dr. Levy completed three years of fellowship training in the Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases (including training in liver transplant) at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.
More about Dr. Levy
Dr. Levy treats his patients like valuable family members. His mission is to provide premier gastroenterology care in the North Atlanta and North Georgia areas. Dr. Levy has worked with the utmost dedication and compassion to solve patients’ digestive problems and improve their quality of life. His passion and unparalleled patient care as a gastroenterologist has earned him the trust of patients, their families, and referring physicians, both nationally and internationally. Dr. Levy is a devoted family man to his wonderful wife, three children, and shih-tzu. His hobbies include tennis, traveling, reading, hiking, camping, and trying new cuisines.
- In 2013, Dr. Levy became the first physician and gastroenterologist in Central Georgia to perform Barrx radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for Barrett’s Esophagus, an exciting new treatment for this complication of acid reflux.
- He is the only private gastroenterologist in Macon to formally complete Covidien (Medtronic) certification in Barrx RFA and to be trained in both balloon-assisted and spiral-assisted small bowel enteroscopy.
- Dr. Levy’s colon pre-cancer detection rates (aka adenoma detection rates) far exceed national quality guidelines, which means that he has a higher percentage of colonoscopies where pre-cancerous polyps are found and removed.
- He has extensive experience with the LINX reflux management system.
- Dr. Levy is the only Fellow of the prestigious American College of Gastroenterology (FACG) in Macon, GA, (a peer-nominated appointment) and was the 6th youngest physician in the country to achieve this distinction at the time of his induction.
- In 2016, Dr. Levy was honored to welcome the patients of Bruce Huckabee, M.D. and Douglas Dozier, M.D. after retirement from their respective practices.
- In 2017, Dr. Levy was one of just three physicians (and the only private practice physician) nominated to be the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Governor for the state of Georgia.
Professional Activities and Service to Community
- Dr. Levy has been invited to speak at numerous medical events, including:
- Coliseum Medical Center Spring Physicians Showcase to educate physicians on Barrett’s Esophagus
- Peyton Anderson Cancer Center for Colon Cancer Awareness Month
- MCCG/Mercer University Surgical Grand Rounds
- Dr. Levy also runs various community outreach education seminars at local churches and civic organizations to spread awareness about colon cancer, heartburn, acid reflux, and Barrett’s Esophagus.
Dr. Levy is a very knowledgeable and highly skilled physician.
Dr. Levy improved my quality of life so much! He is friendly, down to earth and takes more time with me than other gastroenterologists that I have dealt with. The care I’ve gotten from him changed my life. Under his care, I went from not being able to eat solid foods for a year to being able to eat normal foods I enjoy. I can tell he cares and I'm not just another patient. I’m so grateful to Dr. Levy!
Dr. Levy is unbelievable! My cardiologist insisted that I see Dr. Levy for my colonoscopy and I’m glad I did. His knowledge gave me a lot of confidence in what I was facing since I have inflammatory bowel disease. His caring and compassionate ways make him different from other physicians I’ve seen. He is kind, gentle, caring, and not pushy. His staff is excellent, and the Endoscopy Center was more efficient and personal than having my procedure at the hospital. I would recommend Dr. Levy to any friend or doctor.
Dr. Levy goes above and beyond to provide excellent care. I was very sick and getting worse, and with his knowledge and persistence he diagnosed a rare vascular condition called median arcuate ligament syndrome (MALS). This allowed me to find a specialist and cure my condition. Dr. Levy actually listened to me, did a full work-up, and took the time to research my case. Since seeing Dr. Levy, I haven’t had any issues. I felt comfortable talking with him and I knew he would do whatever it took to help me. I highly recommend going to Dr. Levy!